Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Happy Day!!!

Oh, I must share this with you, today for the first time I could make 11" platters on the wheel, using BATS!!!!!


Should have taken photos, will surly post them tomorrow.

So, whats so great about it??

You may ask.

Well, throwing platters may not be so difficult, but you cannot lift them off the wheel after making them,as thay would certainly be in a different shape by the time you try to lift them. SO you have to use flat round shape wooden pieces, called BATS, and first center them on the wheel. this is done by putting clay on the wheel to which the bats will sort of stick. you need to Center the bats, and then throw the platter on the bat.

So, when you are done, lift the bat and put the next one for the next platter.

AND SO ON

Sounds easy?? try it,

Well I am happy with this achievement of throwing 7 nos 11" platters in about 2 hrs.

Now I can make Dinner sets and thats exactly what I will be doing next, just wait till I get there....

No comments:

Post a Comment